I have a thing about all in one cooking at the moment. Maybe the season lends itself to that type of food, communal dishes. This one, like my other dish Sticky Chicken is a great dish for parties and (in the right season) barbecues. This one has that depth and warmth that chorizo brings, and while based on a Nigella Lawson the ingredients have been tweaked slightly so there is more smokeiness and a richer flavour.
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 12 chicken thighs (bone in with skin)
- 750 grams chorizo sausage whole if baby ones or cut into 4cm chunks if regular sized
- 1 kilograms New potatoes halved
- 2 Red onions peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) oregano dried
- sprinkle of smoked peppers
- Heat the oven at 220C/420F/Gas 7
- Put the oil in the bottom of a shallow roasting tin. Rub the skin of the chicken in the oil, then turn skin-side up.
- Add the chopped chorizo and the new potatoes, I like to tuck them between the chicken. Sprinkle the onion, oregano and smoked peppers over the lot and shove in the oven.
- You need to cook this for about 1 hour.