The thing about Christmas lunch is that you want it to look special, but it helps if the appetizer isn’t overly filling or a pain to make. This one hits on both counts. First you make it in advance, and just take it from the fridge and put it onto the plate before serving. Second, the light crab flavour, with the coriander hit smoothed by that silky avocado mix is a magical start to Christmas lunch. This can feed six, personally I prefer this for four and get a bit more out of it. Some wholemeal toast on the side, with butter in the dish add to the delight of it all.
- 6oz (170g) White Crabmeat
- 2 Avocados, Ripe, Peeled and Roughly Chopped
- 1/3 Chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Fresh Coriander, chopped
- Zest Lime of 1 Lime
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- tablespoon of double cream, table-spoon of mayo (keep adding until you have the consistency you like)
- 2 tomatoes deseeded and chopped.
In a bowl place crabmeat, coriander, zest of lime, cream and mayo and mix. Season.
In another bowl place avocado, chilli, juice of lemon and season.
- Using a chef ring or cutter place an amount of avocado into the ring, and then the crab on top. Add tomatoes to the top and bread to the side.