Frittata, an omelette is what we would generally call it, but with added ingredients and then pushed under the grill to brown and plump up. They come in various shapes and sizes, and this is based on some we have seen. However, our added ingredient with this mix is onion. I don’t think it works as well without the taste of the sweet red onions. This is used as a light supper or as a side dish (easily for four people) with a griddled lamb chop (three to four minutes either side, so you can add that one to your timing if you wish).
- 6 eggs
- three red onions finely sliced
- 75gms butter
- 150gms goats cheese (remove the rind)
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- good handful of basil leaves torn up
- 150gms spinach
- salt and pepper
Add some of the butter to a non-stick pan and fry the onions until soft. Then add a little more of the butter and wilt the spinach. Season
- Beat the eggs into a bowl, and pour the spinach onion mixture in and mix together. Add the thyme and basil. Mix again.
- Heat the remaining butter in the pan and pour in the egg mixture, break up the goats cheese and dot around in large lumps. Season
- Cook for six minutes on a medium heat, then put under the grill until brown and puffed up.