- ¼ medium white cabbage
- ¼ medium red cabbage
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 5 tbsp good mayonnaise (shop or homemade)
- 1 tbsp creamed horseradish, or to taste
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Get rid of the woody core from the cabbages then shred them as finely
- Peel the carrots and then use the peeler again to slice them into long thin slices. Shred these slices again into strips, and throw them with the cabbage into a colander. Add the salt, sugar and vinegar, toss together, and leave in the sink to drain for about an hour.
- Now make the mayo or grab two tablespoons of shop bought, mix in the horseradish to taste.
- Press down the vegetables to squeeze out any excess liquid, then tip into a bowl and add the spring onion, spoon in the mayonnaise and toss the lot together.