Walnut Parmesan Pastry
- 200g plain flour sifted
- 100g finely ground walnuts
- 20g finely grated Parmesan
- 1 pinch sea-salt
- 100g cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 1-2tbsp whole milk, to bind
- Put the 200g of flour, the 100g walnuts, and 20g of Parmesan into a food processor and pulse for a few seconds to mix.
- Add the 100g of cold butter and whiz into fine crumbs. Tip in the egg and pulse until the mixture comes together, adding a little milk as necessary, to form a dough.
- Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently.
- Wrap in cling film and chill for at least 30 minutes before using